Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We all scream for ICE CREAM

We went to Ben's parents' home on Monday evening and, what a treat, we were able to have homemade ice cream to boot. Ben wanted to use the hand crank ice cream maker and his parents were nice enough to do that. As you can see John caught on very quickly and was soon a pro at alternating ice and salt in the machine.

Here are Ben, his mom, and Miriam waiting for ready and delicious ice cream.

A very rare moment. I've captured a picture of Ben's elusive brother. Mwahahaha. Of course, he did manage to hide his face. /:<

Miriam was very patient. Here she is happily waiting for her ice cream. And again here she is just moments later and tired of waiting. It's ok though cause she wasn't going to get any this year anyway.


Here's John giving it a crank. He was a great helper and obviously very involved in the ice cream making process this year. He even tried to churn it again at the very end when it was hardest to turn. Maybe next year he'll have the muscles to do it :)

Below to the left you'll see that scout, the family cat, is also waiting for her portion of the ice cream.

For informational purposes today was also a holiday, Pioneer Day. See my other post for that info.

 

John and I together. Lately I can not get this kid to pull of a regular smile. So here we have crazy face and Mr. Wiggle worm.

It's probably best this way though since what you really get to see is the energy that my LO has  and just how much fun everything is for him. So while I would like to have a nice family pic of all of us together smiling, I love these peeks into what real life is like.

The finished product. A deliciously yummy rasberry cheesecake ice cream. I was posed the question of whether I would like this particular flavor to which I replied something to the effect of, "anything with cheesecake in it tastes good." This was not an exception.



 What better way to end a summer night than to sip water from the hose? John sure got the whole summer experience tonight. Grilled hamburgers, potato salad, home made ice cream, and cool hose water. He has been inaugerated into childhood. I couldn't be prouder.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog entry with the pictures. It helps me remember all the fun we all had.

    ReplyDelete